Tuesday, 1 August 2017

Closing down!


I am Sad to say Penrith Crafts is closing down
I have worked there for nearly 10 years and I am really very sad
But I totally understand why Sandra has come to the decision to close down
its not an easy decision but as time has gone on this past year it has become all too obvious that more and more people are trying to save their pennies and buy online.
As the generations of crafters and shoppers age the younger generations are not shopping in the high streets and therefore the small shops can not hold on any longer.... I could go on for hours to how this affects Sandra and also myself but...

All I am going to say is I WILL miss Penrith Crafts
so please if you get a chance before the 23rd September please pop in and grab a bargain
and say ta ra to us!
 


I am Sad also because I will have to close this blog too as I blog for myself and the shop.
I will work out over the next few weeks how to do that..
or if I can change it but I don't think I can do that?

anyway sad and can't say much more
hugs me x


4 comments:

  1. I'm really sorry to hear that, Samantha :(

    No need to close this blog. If you go into 'Settings' you can change both the title and blog address to something else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel for you and all concerned Samantha. Sadly this is all to true for many small businesses. Sherborne, our nearest town is losing small independent shops almost every week, shops that have been there for as long as I can remember. Very sad indeed. Please don't close your blog down, change it as Sharon has suggested xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear this Samantha! Sandra (and you of course!) had made the shop a brilliant little treasure trove of crafting goodies so it's a real shame it's going :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you were able to keep your blog. I like the new name :)

    Sorry again about the shop :( I'd like to have visited it, but as you know it's a wee bit too far for me ;)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! hugs Samantha :0)

Share this